Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I whizzed past an orange 55 (I think) stalled on the on-ramp of I-95 in Palm Beach County this evening on my way home from work....sure wish I could've stopped to help. Seems like I left a brother, a friend, a pal, a bud, stranded and all I could do is drive by without stopping. What an inconsiderate person I am!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just hoping he got going again without too much trouble.

I missed an opportunity to help a fellow hobbyist and also missed the chance to meet another hobbyist.....

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's funny, Otis, I was thinking about the same thing! Sure would be nice to get 'er outta the garage!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can actually get mine started and back it out, but right now I have no brakes and my driveway is a hill down to the street so I'd rather wait until I finish the brake job before getting it out again! Maybe this weekend!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are so right! Need to jack up the rear, pull the wheels and drums, and replace all the brake parts. Hopefully I won't need to run to the parts store too many times. Bleed the brakes and I'm done!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the wheels and drums off, now I have to watch college game day followed by about 10 hours of football games!

I should be able to finish this brake job today (doubtful) or tomorrow (likely)!

Then I'll be where I was hoping to be about a week ago - not too late!

BTW Terry, you COULD come over and do it for me, I could cook up some good brats and potato salad! :)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One of the many nice things about Florida is that you can fire up the grill all year and have a brat party any time! In Wisco you're either grilling in the snow or you have to restrict that activity for the warmer months! My 57 was built in Wisco, I was built in Wisco, but we're living the good life in the Sunshine State! :)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The gators are a bit west of me, there doesn't seem to be much of a gator problem around here (I'm pretty close to the ocean). We do have lots and lots of sand on the beach, though!:)

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I laid on a lawn to fix my car around Jacksonville and got ate up by the sand fleas. I remeber seeing the gators around once in a while. I used to spend my free time in Sanderson and McClenny area. Had some good folks there that were very special to me.
Dave

·
Registered
198 Posts
love bugs

i remember them love bugs eatin the paint off if ya did'nt get em off fast enough. oh and them spiders! carburator cleaner drops em in their tracks. dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
I Drove Mine Around The Yard The Other Day Using An Old Tire With A Board Across It As A Front Seat.....if It Stalled I Could Just Put My Feet Right Thru The Floor Boards And Do It Flintstone Style!:d

1 - 20 of 25 Posts