Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Dizzy

There were NO '57 265 V8s with a dual point distributor. To my knowledge there were no TriFives with one.

Dangerous Joe :viking:

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,219 Posts
did anyone notice it is missing a bunch of pieces??

·
Premium Member
16,029 Posts
did anyone notice it is missing a bunch of pieces??
Yes and the body has a provision for a vac advance, I'm pretty sure the 57 dual point distributors were steel and had no vacuum advance.

It sure looks like a later model aluminum body every day single point distributor that someone took the advance chamber off and added an aftermarket dual point breaker plate to.

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Yes and the body has a provision for a vac advance, I'm pretty sure the 57 dual point distributors were steel and had no vacuum advance.

It sure looks like a later model aluminum body every day single point distributor that someone took the advance chamber off and added an aftermarket dual point breaker plate to.
70`s alumn. body.I have a few of them.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Here is a real 1957 dual point distributor I worked on last year.

Here is the advance curve when I first put it in the Sun Machine. The advance mechanism was dirty and dry and the curve was choppy and late.

I cleaned and oiled the advance mechanism, and installed lighter springs for a much improved curve. Keep in mind these charts show distributor RPM and advance. Double both the RPM and advance for crankshaft numbers. In other words the mechanical advance is now 30° all in at 3200 RPM at the crank. I set the initial advance at 6° for a total advance of 36° and it's running great.

·
Administrator
66,955 Posts
Dual point distributor were offered to Trifive engines with a specific stamp coding/ID number on them for identification.
There are also after market dual point distributors that would offer the same if you do not go down the electronic ignition path.

·
Premium Member
16,029 Posts
;)

The Classifieds Section is not a discussion nor a comment forum.

Terry
Terry, I don't make the rules and while I agree with the rule here on this I think exceptions should be made in cases like this where the item listed for sale is a gross misrepresentation since it is not even close to a correct part as the seller describes it. The discussion on this item could prevent a inexperienced member here (you know we have many) from making a VERY expensive mistake. Also as I'm sure you know the O/P is a new member and has not made any other posts or been back since posting this part.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.