Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
BCDOTCOM, post: 2639943, member: 65835"]
Hi I own a 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air nomad one of the original 317 cars I'm at the final stage of restoration. I've had the car since 1988 I did a painstaking body off frame factory original restoration

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
10,556 Posts
Maybe he meant that his '55 Nomad is NUMBER 317 from the Cleveland Fisher Plant???

Reactions: 58-GMC

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
10,556 Posts
Welcome to trifive.com... :) Does your handle indicate you are from British Columbia (Canada?). or ? maybe BC stands for 'Boise Cascade'? or Boston College? or BrunswickCorp? or ??? inquiring minds would love to know.. :)

:) Cleveland plant pretty much hand assembled all Nomads from '55 thru '57, as they never totally addressed some of the problems associated with the Nomad roof lines and glass/leakage issues. Early '55's (I don't know the number of units) had a string of changes, but most/all of those applied to all models, not just Nomads, and I suspect most of those changes occurred in the assembly plants, not the Fisher plants...

BCDOTCOM: Where did you find your information on the first 317 Nomad units being hand assembled? Can you provide a reference? and What is the BDY number for your car?

Reactions: 58-GMC

·
Administrator
50,562 Posts
Guys, this is the intro forum, not a discussion forum. He has another thread for you to comment on. Any more comments will be deleted from this thread.
Terry

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to trifive.com... :) Does your handle indicate you are from British Columbia (Canada?). or ? maybe BC stands for 'Boise Cascade'? or Boston College? or BrunswickCorp? or ??? inquiring minds would love to know.. :)

:) Cleveland plant pretty much hand assembled all Nomads from '55 thru '57, as they never totally addressed some of the problems associated with the Nomad roof lines and glass/leakage issues. Early '55's (I don't know the number of units) had a string of changes, but most/all of those applied to all models, not just Nomads, and I suspect most of those changes occurred in the assembly plants, not the Fisher plants...

BCDOTCOM: Where did you find your information on the first 317 Nomad units being hand assembled? Can you provide a reference? and What is the BDY number for your car?
Back in the late '80s I used to belong to the national nomad Club that's where I learned about the 317 and assembled cars the body number is number 7
BC is my initials

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.