Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a new owner of a Trifive I've been soaking in as much information as possible. I've been looking at parts catalogs and noticed there are quite a few decals and tags available that aren't on my car. I've also learned that some of these decals were never on these cars, example; "tire pressure glove box decal".

I thought it would be nice to have a thread where all of you knowledgeable folks can post pictures of the tags and decals in their correct places and inform us nubes which ones never existed.

If such a thread already exists, please point me in the right direction, I've done a search but didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
There is no thread like that so far ,,I will post what I have when I get back to my car ,maybe others will chime in ,,in the mean time ,,,:)

·
Registered
67,713 Posts
mine aren't original, so i'm no help. :damnmate: ............. the library on homepage has alot of good info. :tu

·
Registered
160 Posts
When I got my car 30 years ago it had the remnants of a sticker on the glove box. Too many years ago to rememer if it was the tire pressure one or not. Just avague memory of cleaning it off when I first got the car. I just put on a new pump jack instruction sheet and stickers for both my oil cap and air filter. My trunk still had glue on the trunk wall from the original trunk jack sheet. Very useful for placement.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
My '56 didn't have a glove box tire pressure decal when I uncovered it but added it after restoration. Here is the placement of the radiator coolant decal and tag.

You should have this decal on the oil filler tube cap

If four barrel, you should have this decal on the air cleaner just to the right of the snout. NEVER on the snout (I see that way too often.)

If two barrel, you should have this decal on the top of the air cleaner.

That's just a few of them. Keep in mind the originals were silk screened with ink so are almost always gone after 50+ years.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I thought it would be nice to have a thread where all of you knowledgeable folks can post pictures of the tags and decals in their correct places and inform us nubes which ones never existed.!
That is a great idea...yeah, I too would be interested in finding the proper decals and exact placement for a 57...

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
My '56 didn't have a glove box tire pressure decal when I uncovered it but added it after restoration. Here is the placement of the radiator coolant decal and tag.

You should have this decal on the oil filler tube cap

If four barrel, you should have this decal on the air cleaner just to the right of the snout. NEVER on the snout (I see that way too often.)

If two barrel, you should have this decal on the top of the air cleaner.

That's just a few of them. Keep in mind the originals were silk screened with ink so are almost always gone after 50+ years.
Great pics Will, I needed them as well. Any others you care to share for a 57 Powerpack. Where can one get the decals that's close to original? As far as the one on the radiator, Hows it hold up to heat if driven

1 - 8 of 8 Posts