Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I would like to know if it would be a better investment to purchase an Original or Street Rod (updated engine,etc.) to drive now & again ?

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
While original cars are nice and if done correctly are good investments, there is a lot to be siad for the updated drivetrain etc. Engines and control systems have come a long way since the cars were new. Of course a lot of it is personal desires. I may be a little bias....

I kept most of the original look and upgraded the drivetrain.

·
Registered
71 Posts
MikeKy55 said:
While original cars are nice and if done correctly are good investments, there is a lot to be siad for the updated drivetrain etc. Engines and control systems have come a long way since the cars were new. Of course a lot of it is personal desires. I may be a little bias....

I kept most of the original look and upgraded the drivetrain.
I agree!!! I also prefer the original look on the outside mated with a bunch of new horsepower in the engine bay. There are as many opinions on this as you can imagine. As far as an investment, there will always be someone out there who shares your preference when it comes time to sell. I don't think the tri-five cars will ever loose value. "Investors" go more for the "Time capsule" originals from what I've seen.....

·
Administrator
49,364 Posts
As has been said , it`s a personal preference and will always depend on being at the right place at the right time with the buyer seeing exactly what he is looking for. Terry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts