Lier, Lier

·
Registered
67,738 Posts
seller should be told that he is wrong. :secruity:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Not quite sure how he could say that in one sentence, and then go into the work that he has done so far....He also said it's rust free, and then says there's a hole in the quarter?? Doesn't the brown paint job count?
I'm sure it's a great restorable car, but far from unmolested.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
OK, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask this question; what if this was a long standing member here, would you treat them with such grace and kindness? Who knows, it might be that he/she decided not to post it for sale here. Words! Once spoken can never be retracted and always leave their mark - just sayin.... :|

UPDATE: I sent the seller a question regarding his sale - his reply: "Dear nprime,

As I had explained in the ad the only rust I found was a cancer hole the size of a silver dollar on the passenger side lower front quarter. There's obviously patina colored surface rust in other places, but in terms of rust... this is an VC code Arizona belair, that was originally manufactured in Los Angela's California. Here are a few more pic's of the truck and undercarriage. Feel free to give me a call. Paul 4802901596
"

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
OK, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask this question; what if this was a long standing member here, would you treat them with such grace and kindness? Who knows, it might be that he/she decided not to post it for sale here. Words! Once spoken can never be retracted and always leave their mark - just sayin.... :|
Does not matter, truth is not always your friend. If I am wrong, I expect to be called out, same goes for others.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
My granny always said "everybody always thinks their crow is tha blackest of the bunch." :sign0020:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
Edelbrock carb and aftermarket air cleaner and rims.Seats material redone and from what I can tell hood from a 6 cyl. car( 4 holes for the chevy script) and steering wheel horn option delete,very rare,:sign0020: Like they used to tell us a long time ago,Liar-Liar,pants on fire.:dong::hmmmm2:tditdi
Big Bob:flag4::bowtieb:

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
I guess that original, unrestored ,and unmolested means different things to different people. I am not going to slam the seller but that is not my idea of original, unrestored and unmolested. It should be all original paint , drivetrain and interior to fall in that category.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Maybe unmolested but it sure was mugged, rattle canned and vinyly challenged. :)

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
[/FONT]"
Nick
If this seller was a long standing member of bowtie-trifive He would know we would slam him for the BS he was putting out about this car.
It could be a great car for somebody. But I would not trust the seller.

Here a Guy selling a 1955 Chevy (Very Rare)
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3841646546.html

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
Very rare??? Parts cars are getting hard to come by I guess!!
Yep that must be it.
A rare rusty ugly 4 door parts car.

I got a whole yard full of rare cars then. :sign0020:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a new girl here that just registered on this site to try and gain some knowledge on fixing up my 57 Chevrolet and cannot believe what I am reading! What is it with you men that you think you HAVE to throw rocks at somebody's car for whatever reason. My goodness, if you do not agree with his assessment of his car, does not mean you HAVE to belittle his dream. Out of 20 comments on this particular subject, only nickp and joninomader were gracious enough to cut him some slack. Just because you can, does not mean you should!!1
I, for one, am having second thoughts about the real aims of this forum and I bet there are others that feel as I do.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.