Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

You'd be surprised how long it takes people to get that.

(BTW, if you didn't get it...stay off the streets, you may be a hazard to those around you) :laugh:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,763 Posts
Speaking of Abe Lincoln:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I didn't think anyone but me used that quote!! And that is one of my favorite Geico commercials too.
55 Chevy truck, Lincoln was at a play with his wife when he was killed.

'Other than the murder of your husband, how did you like the play?'

·
Registered
784 Posts
I laugh every time I see that Abe Lincoln commercial! Awhile ago, I saw a documentary on Abe Lincoln. There is a group of men, something like 35 of them in the club, that travel around the country quoting the Gettysburg Address and other speeches that Abe Lincoln spoke. It was pretty weird because these guys didn't just dress up like him for the day but looked like Abe Lincoln All the time..I mean the beard, hat, and everything! One guys was saying that he was sorta a loner and was depressed and had relationship problems just like Abe. I thought to myself, I imagine a woman wouldn't mind going to a Halloween party with you once, looking like Abe, but if you look like him 365 days a year, no wonder you got some relationship problems.:D

·
Registered
647 Posts
:congrats: I use that quote myself and like you say it is amazing how many people don't quite get the message! Hey have a great Thanksgiving!:tu

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think it's a pretty well known quote even "over here" ... I read today where Spielberg has cast Daniel Day-Lewis, an Irish actor, to play Lincoln in his upcoming biopic

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I think maybe some of them get the message but don't find it funny as are president was assassinated... just my opinion..not trying to give anyone a hard time..:)
Amen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts