Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK 57 Sedan delivery so I need both mirrors

I know it's a personal choice and I have looked at several

BUTT what did you use and how do they look. I need to get a pair and mount them soon
I just need a few more choices to add to the confusion
AND Sources too

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
To me the only mirror that looks good on a 57 is the original style round.
Jim

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the peepers that mount on the top of the door.....:anim_25:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive
I like those too.
I was wondering if you get a blind spot on the passenger side sedan delivey with no windows.
Also what length stem do you use ?
I noticed a few different length and curves

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I like peeps too. I also like stock, but if the pass side is mounted in the correct location the vent window blocks the driver's view.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like peeps too. I also like stock, but if the pass side is mounted in the correct location the vent window blocks the driver's view.

Peeps ? or Stock ? blocks the view or operation of vent window ?

7,082 Posts

Mine. Driver side stock is very good. Passenger side stock is mounted to not effect the vent window and is very marginal. Sometimes I kinda look like a turkey checking out the passenger side. But I look good doing it. :) :bowtier:

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
For what it's worth, I've always thought for a delivery, the late 70's bullet style door mirrors looked good. They seem to fit the curves of the body style better than the stalk types.

http://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-outside-bullet-door-mirror-remote-left-1970-1981.html
I put them on my 69 Camaro and I like them.What I would like to see is something like a smaller version of what is on my pickup in terms of having two mirrors in the same housing....one that reflects high and one low.I dont trust my stock mirrors on my hardtop so I twist my head to double check when changing lanes on the pass. side blind spot mostly for the smaller cars.I have been thinking of a design for my next build that incorporates my theory.I think it would be very helpful.Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I just replaced 2 outside mirrors. I was able to get convex glass in both. Makes a huge difference. They take away a lot of blind spots, which a SD has plenty.

·
Registered
67,793 Posts
had the peeps on a 49 dodge I had (you can see them in my album). you can put them anywhere on the door you want and do not block the vents. another option is on the fender. my 56 has one there and it is great. :tu

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Stock mirror on pass side, when mounted in the location called for in the accessory installation instruction, is located such that the the vent window pillar blocks the view for the driver. Vent window operation is not impeded.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Anybody have a good link to the "peeps"?

Thanx

Don

·
Registered
137 Posts
I used a factory spotlight & mirror for the drivers side, and a peep for the passenger. I had a small drop down peep that mounted on the top of the door frame at first, but had to change it to a bigger one that mounts on the leading edge to pass rego requirements. It doesn't look as good in my opinion, but I have to admit I can see much better with it than the original.

Note that my "driver" and yours are the opposite, as my car is RHD.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had a small drop down peep that mounted on the top of the door frame at first, but had to change it to a bigger one that mounts on the leading edge to pass rego requirements.

thanks , never thought about dropping it like you did, I will try it in several positions before final mount
:congrats:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts