Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
9,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over 600 cars registered and attended the 'Cars on the Square' show in Athens, AL yesterday, totally filling the area around the square (with it's 150 yr old courthouse) and several blocks beyond (They close off the central part of the town for the show - an area of 12-16 blocks and only allow the show cars in that area). We all enjoyed the great weather (low 80's) super cars, great friends, and the many restaurants that were open around the square. and at the end, they gave away many prizes, including the multiple prizes of $100, $250, and $500, a rebuilt 700R4 trans, a new car trailer, and a $6000 Snap-On toolbox... AND.. there were many beautiful tri-fives in the show.. :) This has been one of my favorite shows for the last 4 or 5 years due to it's location.. large trees around the courthouse provide some relief from the afternoon sun, which can get hot at times.

Mark the end of April on your calendars for next year, as that is when it usually occurs...

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Sounds like a great turnout and that you had a good time too. I like the amount of prizes too. Cool do you have any photos at all? Mike

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
9,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wish I had known.......Athens isn't that far away. Sounds like a great event. Will try to remember it next year.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts