Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am going back with original tropical turquoise paint for my 57 belair. does anyone know how and where i can get that custom paint job that looks like glass. i am afraid to take it somewhere like Maaco,not saying that they do a bad job,just not what i am lookin for....thanks guys

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) I would sure ask around locally from guys with nice looking cars, or at a cruise nite or car show. But be prepared to pay some pretty good bucks for a really nice paint job.
Maybe others from your area will have some info on shops near you?

Good luck,

Don, aka.....the hamsman

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can always check with some of your local body shops. If they do this type of work, they should have photos of past jobs as well as references. If they don't restore classic cars, they will probably be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
I think it's cool your are going back to Tropical Turqouise Zach. With paint jobs I think you are going to get what you pay for.

Don

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
I can't tell you where to get that glass like look you want, but I can tell you how; color sand, color sand and color sand somemore. Put a good amount of paint on and when dry, block sand until all the orange peel is gone and the surface is smooth. I used various grits of sandpaper depending on the roughness of the orange peel. Be careful not to sand through to the prime. Once done with the sanding, machine compound and polish. I used 3m products from start to finish and the paint looks real nice. I'm only a novice at this but I'm real happy with the results. I can't tell you how many hours of work went into to this, but it was well worth it. Makes you appreciate a fine paint job when you see it. Good luck, Carmine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts