Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,046 Posts
with typical bc/cc application clear is applied during the specified window speced by the paint mfg usually 1 hr after basecoat is applied. there is usually no sanding between. however if yo are doing clear over single stage overnite is longe enough to wait to sand and it could take up to a couple days to sand depending on the work ethic and thoroughness you are doing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
good advice hotrod! temp has much to do with it as well best thing to do is be patiant then let your sand paper tell you how cured the paint is start off applying only the slightest pressure its best to try a small piece first maybe even have a test peice avail. a piece of random something or another that you prime and paint just as you are doing on the car gl.

·
Administrator
66,170 Posts
with typical bc/cc application clear is applied during the specified window speced by the paint mfg usually 1 hr after basecoat is applied. there is usually no sanding between. however if yo are doing clear over single stage overnite is longe enough to wait to sand and it could take up to a couple days to sand depending on the work ethic and thoroughness you are doing.
:tu

:anim_25:

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Lots of new products out there for DA polishers. Denim pads from Car pro and 3-M Trizact pads up to 5000 grit.Cuts you time and labor.Autogeek uses them and sells them.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Once a car has been painted, how long ( how many hours ) should it take to water sand and clear coat?
I have around 100 hours in color sanding and buffing my single stage paint on a'57 Chevy. Probably 5 or 6 of those hours were spent digging out dirt and runs. That was all sanding by hand.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Your 57

I have around 100 hours in color sanding and buffing my single stage paint on a'57 Chevy. Probably 5 or 6 of those hours were spent digging out dirt and runs. That was all sanding by hand.

Saw the car on your album. Is that the car you just painted? Looks great.
Good job. Post finished photos when you can please. Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts