Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone paint the inside of the doors or roof? epoxy is probably the best but how about rustoleum or similar. the metal is clean, no rust. just trying to keep the cost down and do it myself. thanks in advance

·
Registered
66,282 Posts
have used rustoleum, works great and price is right. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I used por 15 inside mine with a small foam roller and brush. Wear gloves or you'll wear the paint for a long time.:eek:

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I used scotchbrite, wax/grease remover, self etch primer, spray undercoating. Backside of the inner panels are covered w/ the Summit version of Dynamat.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
For the doors off of the car, I tape up the holes in the skin and then flood the inside with DP Epoxy and rock the door around for a while to get full coverate. This does not get the inside of the inner panel, tho, the my biggest concern in the perimeter pinchweld and the bottom.

I do a similar thing when I have bodies on the rotis. I would flood the edges to get the DP down into the inside of the gutter seams.

Messy work and cover the floor with plastic, as lots will find a way out. Also want to drain out any excess when full coverage is achieved.

Hotroddder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts