Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see an area or forum dedicated to paint questions so I thought I'd drop it here. I have an aftermarket hood to paint. It arrived in what looks like a black sealer. What needs to be done to it before paint?

As Always , thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike. That's the correct answer....LOL Just kidding I was hoping you were out there. I'm helping a friend shoot a new hood fer his truck:p

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Hi Guys
When we were still painting we would strip all the factory primer off metal etch a apoxy seal . Then we would use a hi build primer , when that fully cured we would spray a guide coat and wet sand with 400 . once we were satified we shot the whole jobe in black wet sand with 600 wash prep tack and spray. I like your way of doing it Mike you would have been out of the booth quicker and home on time for supper.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not only is it a driver, it's a f**d. I think it's going over just putting color on it :D

Thanks guys

·
Registered
162 Posts
If it is a F**D truck hood, shouldn't it be gray primer anyway? I thought most f**d trucks came factory in gray primer, at least mid to late 70's models!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts