Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,812 Posts
Jim....Saw a car at the Somerset show with the mouldings painted metalic silver....Unfortunately, didn't get a chance to talk with the owner.....Looks like they were powder caated.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I scuffed up the areas on my '55 paint dividers with some small pieces of 400 grit sandpaper and bought a small bottle of flat black Krylon paint at the hardware store. I just painted them with a very small brush and a steady hand and the paint seems to be sticking fine. Good luck!

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,812 Posts
Jim....Saw a car at the Somerset show with the mouldings painted metalic silver....Unfortunately, didn't get a chance to talk with the owner.....Looks like they were powder caated.
Jim....Looks like I misunderstood your question.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Anybody know the type of paint and the procedure to paint a satin black area on stainless steel mouldings?
First clean the area to be painted with any strong cleaning solvent, Wax & Grease remover, Laquer thinner, or acetone, all will work on stainless steel. Next mask the area you want to paint. Scuff the surface with a scuff pad or 320 grit sand paper. Reclean and remask to have a fresh and sharp outline. Spray lightly with Black Epoxy Primer. Finish by spraying the Satin Black Finish . I like to carefully unmask as soon as the paint is tacked off to get a nice crisp outline. Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts