Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to repaint the dash and interior back rear wheel welds on my 56 210, 2 door delivery wagon. Can I use a good quality paint from a can? If so please let me know what i need to buy. Im pretty confident I can properly mask the areas needed and I definatly dont want the painted result to look like #*%~. I cant afford to have a professional do the job so I will do myself.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Your professional auto paint store can mix you aerosol cans of pro grade spray paint in custom colors. It's possible that with good prep and patience you could end up with a super nice finish.

The POL brand clear in a spray can is pretty darn nice.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I know guys use rattle can paint on exposed surfaces. But it can't hold up to two part paint. If you want temporary cover I guess it's ok. Rattle can painting looks like rattle can painting. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I know guys use rattle can paint on exposed surfaces. But it can't hold up to two part paint. If you want temporary cover I guess it's ok. Rattle can painting looks like rattle can painting. Just my opinion.
I disagree. I painted my dash using Plastikote rattle can lacquer, then color sanded and buffed. It looks great and you would never know it was rattle canned! Plastikote automotive paint is great!

Now... I would not paint the outside of a car with rattle cans.. it might look good but the cost would be extremely high compared to normal automotive paint!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.