Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..I'm about to order floor boards, rockers, inner rockers, quarter patch panel, tail pan, inner tailpan pieces.

I want to get the best repop possible. I'm thinking of getting it from classicchevy.com

Does anyone have experience with their higher end replacement pieces? Are they good?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I have not used them a bit to high in price check my thread "my not so ugly '55" and check out what I uasd the fit was great and price was to. Good luck and keep us posted with pic's:pics-1:

·
12,256 Posts
CCI's prices are inflated, even as a 'member'. I was a member for many years, but it just wasn't worth it anymore because non-members often got better prices!!!

I would go with Restoration World or someone else who sells the taiwan-made repops. They reportedly fit better than the USA made stuff and at a much better price. Lots of posts on this subject.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Make a list of all the parts you need to order. Send it via email or fax it to all vendors in your area. Shipping will be the big difference, so shop close to home so shipping zones will be the same.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Hey guys..I'm about to order floor boards, rockers, inner rockers, quarter patch panel, tail pan, inner tailpan pieces.

I want to get the best repop possible. I'm thinking of getting it from classicchevy.com

Does anyone have experience with their higher end replacement pieces? Are they good?

Thanks
This has benn said many times here. If you have extensive floor/trunk work to do (and it sound slike you do), do yourself a favor, consider buying the 1 piece floor and trunk. You will save yourself countless hours of labor and have a much more solid, not to mention, rust free floor/trunk. You will be surprised how much hidden rust you'll find while replacing individual fllor panels and inner/outer rockers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts