Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
9" park brake??

Have gotten the 9" all assembled, and was looking at the parking brake cable hookup.
The brakes are 11 x 2 1/4". It "appears" that the hole in the backing plate, and the length of the spring are OK. The ferrule on the end of the cable fits the slot on the lever.
Appearances can be deceiving! I recall, [but can't find], a thread dealing with the need for a spacer at the backing plate hole, to use the Chevy cable/Ford brake...

NE1 remember this thread?
NE1 w/ the 9" done this?

TIA,
Oh ya.. I DID a search and got 175 hits.. About every conceivable thread about all kinds of topics...:confused0006:

To the top

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Am I..

Have gotten the 9" all assembled, and was looking at the parking brake cable hookup.
The brakes are 11 x 2 1/4". It "appears" that the hole in the backing plate, and the length of the spring are OK. The ferrule on the end of the cable fits the slot on the lever.
Appearances can be deceiving! I recall, [but can't find], a thread dealing with the need for a spacer at the backing plate hole, to use the Chevy cable/Ford brake...

NE1 remember this thread?
NE1 w/ the 9" done this?

TIA,
Oh ya.. I DID a search and got 175 hits.. About every conceivable thread about all kinds of topics...:confused0006:

To the top
the only 9" rear end user???:confused0006:

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
If you will type in, using quote marks - "ford emergency brake" you will get better results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts