Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken a cruise out of Vancouver that could recommend a good safe reasonably priced place to park my 55 Belair wagon for about 3 weeks in July? We will be driving from Florida to Vancouver then taking a cruise to Alaska. I have heard some sad stories of stolen and damaged cars left at the port parking area. Thanks in advance... Larry

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Has anyone taken a cruise out of Vancouver that could recommend a good safe reasonably priced place to park my 55 Belair wagon for about 3 weeks in July? We will be driving from Florida to Vancouver then taking a cruise to Alaska. I have heard some sad stories of stolen and damaged cars left at the port parking area. Thanks in advance... Larry
If you want to bring it to the Island I've got room in
one of my shops to store it for a really good deal,FREE.
I'm 50 miles up island from the Departure Bay ferry
terminal in Port Alberni and about 65 miles approx.
from the Duke Point ferry terminal depending which route
you choose via ferry,should you decide to come to the island.
I would think 3 weeks storage would be expensive
in Vancouver,and that you'll be $$$ ahead to pay for the
trip across.Cars are being stolen in Vancouver all the time
and your '55 Wagon would be a target.A good friend of mine
lives there and his brother had his truck stolen 3 times.
I saw fiddysix already made the offer,and his location is
more convenient being that he's right in Nanaimo.

:bowtieb::bowtier::bowtieb::bowtier::bowtieb:

Doug

·
Registered
615 Posts
I agree with Doug (56 delivery), with the cruize ships leaving downtown any parking nearby would be expensive. You could look into parking at the Park n Fly at YVR - Vancouver airport. I think they give you a break on rates for long term parking and it's fairly well secured. Also with it being on airport land there's an over all security that tends to keep the crime rate down.

http://www.parknfly.ca/vancouver/en/vancouver.aspx

It might be a bit of a hassel if you have lots of luggage. If you are staying at a hotel in Vancouver you could leave the luggage in your room. Drive the car to the airport and catch our "Canada Line" rapid transit back to downtown.

Ernie

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Take it to a Pawn Shop..They'll take good care of it for reasonably cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.