Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone installed a foot operated parking brake in their trfive? I noticed one in that high $$$$ car that was in a thread here recently and got me to thinking about that. If you have done this upgrade what did you use and how difficult was it?

·
Administrator
64,152 Posts
I have seen one on a TRi5, this had a modern foot operated pedal that come out now days on most modern cars e.g Toyota camry etc, you then buy a kit that has a mini disc that attaches to your tail shaft and locks it into place. I dont have pics but thats how he had his set up done?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Will

I have a foot operated park brake in my under construction 57 Nomad.
Not sure exactly what year, but from around 65 -68 Chevy. It is mounted off the kick panel and we ran two cables inside the car, and they go through the floor near the frame kickup, so all you see under the car is the two flex hoses to the brakes. Have not learnt how to load photos, so if you send me a PM with your email address I'll send you some photos, and you can post them here.

Des

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will

I have a foot operated park brake in my under construction 57 Nomad.
Not sure exactly what year, but from around 65 -68 Chevy. It is mounted off the kick panel and we ran two cables inside the car, and they go through the floor near the frame kickup, so all you see under the car is the two flex hoses to the brakes. Have not learnt how to load photos, so if you send me a PM with your email address I'll send you some photos, and you can post them here.

Des
Des sent me pics of his parking brake set-up. I have his OK to post them. He is from Australia and his set up is on a RHD Nomad. I'm not sure I'll add a foot operated park brake, but it's another option for us trifivers to consider. Sorry, the pics won't enlarge.

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Did not make a foot operated but I moved it between the seats.
Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts