Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have let my 210 post 57 set for a little while.I was running through the local junk yard(I work as a mechanic) looking to save a customer some mula, and bam-- there is this 56 4 door with no rear end or front sheet metal setting there. Ok, let me back up . I bought a 57 4 years ago. Took it home and have slooowwwlllyyyy started restoring it. I built a 350 trbo and a 350 ci block and swapped it in. Found a radiator from a 55 and in it goes.Removed upper and lower a arms and sand blasted,painted, and then installed all new bushings.Found big block springs for the front that dropped the front about 3-4 inches on each side.Installed 71-72 chevelle front disk brakes and big truck chevy calipers .E-bayed a booster and master cylinder and on it goes.I found a 10 bolt chevy rear end from an s-10 with a 4 inch drop and put it in.Flea marketed some old 14inch cragers with some wide rear micky thompsons! and on they go. Now the fun part- I had been buying floor panels the moment I got this car, back when a whole completely welded floor wasn't offered and I didn't know how to weld. I know have taken some courses at the local community collage and can weld with no problem. I have removed most of the floor panels and the entire trunk.I have crudely installed the panels I bought before I learned to weld better :( Knowing that these would be in a daily driver-I'm not that conserned, what I was wondering was if the 56 (which has rust free rear seat and trunk area would fit I remember reading some where that the frames and body sheet metal on most of these cars are the same except for the convertable with the x-brace.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks---I was pretty sure, but it had been a little while----Terry you going to vernon this weekend?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts