Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed a B&M shifter from the floor and went back to an Ididit column automatic. Looking for opinions as to fixing the ugly cut-out with a fiberglass patch or a piece of stainless that I have laying around. It was a heat shield off a Yukon and I would have to cut and hammer to size. Affixed with rivets and sealant I assume?

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
I removed a B&M shifter from the floor and went back to an Ididit column automatic. Looking for opinions as to fixing the ugly cut-out with a fiberglass patch or a piece of stainless that I have laying around. It was a heat shield off a Yukon and I would have to cut and hammer to size. Affixed with rivets and sealant I assume?
me, Id use the metal, and do the extra work to fit it :tu its just my opinion tho :anim_25:

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Steel - makes a much better job in the end.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Another option?

maybe another option maybe plain steel and cutting to size followed by hammer welding and seam sealer top and bottom.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got a piece of stainless welded in. Solid. Now it won't sound like a corvette when you knock on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts