Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running the Patriot Fenderwell's P/n# H8035. for 219.99 from summit it looks like a killer deal.

They are going on a 55 belir. 427BBC, side engine mounts. manual steering

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm running that set on my 56. Very happy with them. I have a front motor plate, not side mounts, and the engine is moved forward about an inch. I am using the stock manual steering box, and a straight axle from Speedway. I had to dimple the underside of the two tubes running over the steering box slightly, probably because I set the engine as low as possible due to the crankshaft centerline to ground distance. (25"). It looks like the "dimpling" would not have been necessary if I had kept the engine height stock (by using side mounts). For the money, I didn't find any other set of headers that came close to that price. BTW, I got the coated set, and glad I did. Good Luck! al

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply man.
Im glad to hear something positive about these. I'll most likely be picking a set up shortly.
They look like a decent deal.

68,758 Posts
hi johny. got my patriot 8025 from summit. great headers. if you can, get the coated ones. :tu

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why don't they make these for small blocks?? The one's that summit has for small block (Dougs ?) are over $500 bucks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys.
Bought a set yesta'day.
Got the uncoated ones (was planning on painting um white). I rode over to socal speed and looked at a set they had in stock, Look good to me! got motor mounts too, Ill let you see um when i get everything installed!:happy0030:

Yea i hear you on the SBC ones, they had a set at socal. Expensive ouch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts