Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some good advice in regard to PC tune-up/clean-up/speed-up programs?

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Someone recommended CCleaner the other day. I tried it and it seems to work well. I don`t think you need the upgrade though. I didn`t get the upgrade. Free works for me. :anim_25: bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
55,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
55,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
670 Posts
With all the trouble we have been having here lately,, I did an update on my antivirus as well as trying to update Windows Defender in Windows 8. But,,I got a rude awakening. Windows Defender had been turned OFF and there was NO WAY to turn it back on!!
I found that Windows Defender is "Automatically" turned off whenever you install any other anti virus software,,,this is according to a tech at Microsoft.com as of this morning. The Tech tells me that the Windows Defender that is preloaded is a good stand alone anti virus program that Microsoft has "extreme confidence" in. I asked the Tech why I could not have BOTH and answer is two programs that monitor the exact same things are detrimental to each other and eventually cancel each other out and ,,,,,,you are left defenseless. I have AVG Pro and am waiting a response from them on how I can maybe have both,,,?
I find that www.download.com is a reputable site from which to look for all sorts of software and a lot of it is FREE. Haven't looked , but , think that CCleaner is listed there. :flag6:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Rick is 100% correct. You guys are spinning your wheels with all that cleaner BS. There's no such thing as good, free, software.

Buy a copy of Norton, keep your license paid and current, and you'll be problem free.

Charlie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.