Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was messing around with trying to find a workable picture hosting site again. In the middle of it I, out of curiosity went back to the Peebucket site to look at my old pics. Maybe I've been out of the loop on the latest info, but found out that my old pics have been released from captivity and are now available to be posted to other sites like this one again. Makes me happy that all of them old ones can be seen once more.

Here's a test of one of my old ones.

·
Premium Member
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool pics, thanks for being able to share again. :tu
Not only that Carl, but all my pics in my old build thread have re-appeared. They were gone for quite a long time!
Some angry lawyer must have threatened to sue that criminal establishment for billions over them holding his pics hostage.

·
Administrator
48,482 Posts
Good to hear Dano....I'll have to check it out,,,,I've gone to IMGUR, since Photobucket got greedy.

·
Registered
835 Posts
NAD427. THANK YOU FOR POSTING THAT WE ARE NO LONGER BEING HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET. I was able to copy this image from one of my albums. I had given up ever being able to retrieve my hundreds of photos.

·
Premium Member
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Am glad that other guys are pleased also, but I certainly can't take credit for doing anything. All I did was get off my rear for a change and checked on it.

The problem for me with the "transfer" thing is that I have nowhere that I like to transfer them TO. I'm signed up in a few different hosting sites but I really don't like any of them. For some reason they all (except P-bucket) seem to like to make it SO difficult to figure out how to load pics at the right size that it just becomes more hassle than I want to endure! I've spent hours at them places trying to figure out how to do it, but still to this day haven't, and just plain gave up for now. Frustrating stuff!

·
Premium Member
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dang, your car sure has an old-school wicked look to it. I LIKE it!

NAD427. THANK YOU FOR POSTING THAT WE ARE NO LONGER BEING HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET. I was able to copy this image from one of my albums. I had given up ever being able to retrieve my hundreds of photos.

·
Premium Member
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I store all my pictures on my home computer.(I routinely copy these to a disc in case my computer dies on me).
But,I can't directly post them to here,so I need a picture host to do it.
Maybe Photobucket had a change of heart when they got down to no business due to all the bad publicity!
Mike.:):bowtieb:
I don't know how many people used that service before they ruined everything. Tens of thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands even, maybe millions...?? All I know is that people of ALL interests were torqued off beyond belief when Peebucket pulled that nonsense! Many times I read complaints about that outfit ALL over the internet. They had a good thing going that surely pulled in a lot of advertising cash, but then some meathead people there decided to wreck it all, and wreck a heckofa lotta other people right along with them.

Somebody somewhere got to them though, to at least let the old pics to be used. I was so disgusted with that place that I never even went back there til yesterday.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Am glad that other guys are pleased also, but I certainly can't take credit for doing anything. All I did was get off my rear for a change and checked on it.
[quote/]
test test Test Failed, try again.
The problem for me with the "transfer" thing is that I have nowhere that I like to transfer them TO. I'm signed up in a few different hosting sites but I really don't like any of them. For some reason they all (except P-bucket) seem to like to make it SO difficult to figure out how to load pics at the right size that it just becomes more hassle than I want to endure! I've spent hours at them places trying to figure out how to do it, but still to this day haven't, and just plain gave up for now. Frustrating stuff!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Testing 123

I don't know how many people used that service before they ruined everything. Tens of thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands even, maybe millions...?? All I know is that people of ALL interests were torqued off beyond belief when Peebucket pulled that nonsense! Many times I read complaints about that outfit ALL over the internet. They had a good thing going that surely pulled in a lot of advertising cash, but then some meathead people there decided to wreck it all, and wreck a heckofa lotta other people right along with them.
Testing multi quotes

Somebody somewhere got to them though, to at least let the old pics to be used. I was so disgusted with that place that I never even went back there til yesterday.
Oh my god I've done it! Much easier to hit "preview" before posting if unsure the format it right. Let's see if this works...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Testing but I just couldn't help replying to this. I told quite a few people who where using photo bucket and all the other "free hosting" sites that this could happen.
Now go through archives in threads here and photobucket gives you a very blurry picture. Useless unless you pay up, or if the owner of trifive.com pays up. I think a personal fee is $300, don't know what it would cost the site owner to unlock the pics for the whole group?

It's just like my brother didn't believe me when he didn't "buy" his domain name for his website. Now he pays for it every year but doesn't own it.

"The Cloud", why would people use the cloud? Super sized hard drives are cheap and easy to install. Why take the chance. I have a pile of hard drives from my old computers. One of these days I need to copy all the pics to this computer's hard drive (or should I say "one of" the hard drives on this computer). Sooner or later the old hard drives won't be compatible so I have to do it before a big change with hard drives comes along. I'll step down now. Just my little "told you so" to those I told.

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
I use the cloud because:
Any Windows based computer I’ve ever owned eventually takes a dump or doesn’t play well w/ other technology, or is no longer supported. I needed that frustration when I used them for business, no more, very happy w/ an IPad and the cloud. It syncs to all my devices as well as my spouses. If I lose or damage my iPad all my saves are still there.
It’s a breeze to post pics to forums, to iMessage, or attach to docs, or email.
Just the start up time and debilitating virus scans are enough to throw a traditional lap top or desk top in the trash, imho.
Jim

·
Registered
35,324 Posts
Why are all the photos in this thread that have a p-bucket banner on them blurry? Except for oldjunkster's. I can click on 100%'s and it comes up in a separate window and is clear. But that's a PITA unless I want to do something else with them. And nad's is just blurry and nothing happens when I click on that one.

·
Premium Member
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And nad's is just blurry and nothing happens when I click on that one.
Hard to explain THAT one. The pic in my post a few posts above isn't even the same one I originally posted there either.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Why are all the photos in this thread that have a p-bucket banner on them blurry? Except for oldjunkster's. I can click on 100%'s and it comes up in a separate window and is clear. But that's a PITA unless I want to do something else with them. And nad's is just blurry and nothing happens when I click on that one.
They are blurry because you didn't cough up the $300 they want (that's what I read), or this group owner could pay something, I don't know how much for them to work here for the whole group? The one picture is clear because someone quoted it while pbucket was letting things work, so by quoting it, that picture is now stored on trifive.com, not pbucket. Just an example why people shouldn't post links to pictures. Just upload them here and they will be here in the future.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts