Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just got back from Peggy Sue's Cruise up in Santa Rosa, I couldn't stay all weekend so I missed the cruise and tomorrows show. Mel56 and I went up in my car on Friday and did the Poker Run, hitting a bunch of wineries, a old saw mill and a couple of auto parts and repair places. A little over 100 miles to get to them all! About 300 miles in all on the round trip up there. We also went to the Beer and Wine tasting on Friday night that you got to attend for free with your admission to the show:tu Lots of local small breweries and wineries were there, some very good and others not so good......the best ran out fast. They also provided all the hot dogs or polish you could eat.

I took a few photos, but hardly enough to represent the show. They had more vehicles than I have ever seen there, I would estimate 800 to 900 there:tu The trifive folks love this show since they give awards to stock and modified for each year of trifive Chevy:congrats: They track who attends both Saturday and Sunday and you have to be there both days to win an award on Sunday afternoon.

So here are a few shots.
I found some fellow trifives from the local club, Redwood Empire Classic Chevy Club. Seems they don't spend much time on a computer and non of them knew of bowtie-trifive. Didn't seem to interested in it either.......I must have been a little too far into the redwood forest area:sign0020:

Gee what luck to park next to another blue 57

Here is kind of an overview of the vehicles there

This was one beautiful car and is i=usually at this show along with two other converts

You can always find a gasser in the group at this show, people just flocked to it:tu

So you want to improve the stock radio with a modern stereo system? Well this one should rock:party0031:

Did I mention they have live music at the show all day? Mostly older rock n' roll, which was just perfect for this years special guest. I know you all are familiar with Sha Na Na from back in the day, well Bowser was here this year to take us on a musical journey. Man is he great, what an entertainer, kept the crowd involved in games while singing all the Sha Na Na hits.

We ran into GarinH for a little while, but never saw any of the other bowtie-trifive members this year....... Wild56 where were you bud, we expected to run into you for sure? drivewaybuilder we missed meeting up with you too, hope all is well with your mom on her 97th birthday.

·
Registered
940 Posts
it was great meeting up with Randy and Mel
MAN it was HOT today.... wayyy too hot.
the show was cool, soo many cars i didnt know where to look next

after going back home i took the coldest shower ever, and man it was good

then i went back later for the cruise and it was FUN :D
and it wasnt hot out anymore

enjoy the pics

and now the cruise, lots of cars

·
Premium Member
10,927 Posts
When I lived in Elk Grove I always planned to attend that show, but never did. It looks like a really nice event. I enjoyed the photos too!

·
Registered
214 Posts
So that's what was going on. I was driving North up 101 Saturday morning and saw a bunch of rods heading South. Every 5 minutes or so another beautiful old car would go by, except for the two rat-rod pickups traveling together.

Nice pics! I'll bet that T-bucket with the open straight pipes was LOUD on 4th street.

Beautiful car you got there!:congrats:

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Garin for putting the pictures you took, I seem to find myself taking less and less each time I go to shows, more looking and less taking pics:sign0020:

I'm feeling the pain today, got way too much sun on my legs while sitting watching Bowser and the band.

Mickey they were selling the car trays there like that red and white one had with all kinds of things to put on them......sure wished the big old ice cream sundays were real:tu

Shows still going on today so you can get out there and check it out.

·
Registered
67,793 Posts
enjoyed the pics, thanks . :tu

1 - 11 of 11 Posts