Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 56 sedan was my first car I bought when I was 14 or 15. It was a really solid car, but weren't they all in 71? It had a new rear bumper, tail lights, and a 4:56 rear gear, the tilt front end was new as well, I paid $75 for the car less engine and trans. I soon found a 283 I installed, but never put a trans in because I traded up for the 55 Nomad. The Nomad wasn't as solid as the 56, but it was a Nomad, it had a 327 with a 3 speed on the floor with headers, a great car for a 16 year old kid. I drove it for a couple of years before an older gentleman approached me at the gas station I worked at, and offered me $2000 for it so I sold it for a nice profit, I wish I had it back. The guy that bought it had an AC Cobra and I ran into some years later as he was driving the Cobra, and he said he had sold it as well. I always wonder where that car went or where it is today. I hope you enjoy the pics, they are old and not real clear, but you can see what they are.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They bring back lots of great memories, I bought the 56 with visions of Two Lane Blacktop with a 56. The Nomad was a great dating vehicle for a young guy with raging hormones. After a few years without a Tri Five I bought several more, Ive owned 2-55's, 5- 56's and 4- 57's and loved them all. Probably the best I owned was a 56 150 2 door sedan with 32000 original miles I bought from a pair of sisters. I bought that when my kids were small and we enjoyed many rides in it. My current 56 Handyman is also one of the most solid cars I have owned, it will probably be my last Tri Five and will be left for the grand kids to argue over.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Nitro
Great pics and story. I bought my brother's '55 2 dr 210 in summer '65. No motor or trans for $60. I just graduated HS and needed it to go to school in San Bernardino. Put a 283 2 bbl 3 sp. and I was in business. No rust whatsoever. I know how you feel. Boy, those were the days. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.