Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I'd love to see your pics, but I didn't want to register. Take a look at this link for some help on how to make your pics small enough to post here.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
dseale4888 said:
I just down loaded it and tried it unsucessfully. I'll have to study it a little better later. It doesn't cost to view the pics on there.
Dave

I don't know anything about the program you downloaded (I use a mac), but if you p.m. otis or don you'll probably get some pretty darn good pointers.

I know it doesn't cost to view your photos, but I'd rather not have to register (just a pet peeve) to see something that I could see on a different site without registering.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dave... email them to me and I will shrink them to the right size and email them back to you....

roger

1,544 Posts
pictures

Roger; I had to have Otis post my avatar by doing exactly what you are volunteering to do, I am also a Mac addict, please tell us how to do it, you know the old saying "teach a man to fish" please teach us oh great wizard.
Thanks Bob

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
As a Mac user I simply use iPhoto to export my images to the size and format I want then I upload them to either the gallery, caralbums, or a separate site called cardomain. I will often export the photos to my desktop and then check the format and size of them before sending them to the web.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally got a few minutes to study the info on EZ thumbnails and got it figured out I think. Now I need to shrink a few more pics to move into my album. Thanks everybody for the help!!!
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!!! My car is very rough and will take time and work. Once I get my frame reassembled then I'll start on the floors and the rest of the body.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Looks like you've got your work cut out for you! Good luck, and keep us posted!

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is what road salt does to these cars up here in New England. I couldn't afford $10,000 or more for a driver. I have the time (sometimes) to work on it and the necessary skills to do everything myself. I've been a mechanic for 35 years plus. My present job is working for a local town as a mechanic. We work on everything. Weed wacker, police cruisers, firetrucks, pickup trucks, dump trucks, loaders, hydraulic systems, and we have to be able to operate it all so that we can teach the employees how to run it. We are also fabricators and welders, and truck drivers in a pinch. I have my class A CDL and hydraulics license also. Vietnam Vet.

Dave

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've repaired my frame and now got it painted. Next is to reassemble the front end and install the disc brake kit. I still need to move my spring perches inboard.
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Dave, you come with a heck of a resume! I have almost no experience and when I see things like your repair work on the frame all I can do is drool! Looks really, really great to me :)

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Mike. I am a firm believer in doing as much of the work as I can. My wife told me a couple of years ago that she was thinking (while watching reality tv show) of who she would want to be stuck on a deserted island with. She decided that it would be me. Reason being that I always seem to figure out a way to make things work out. That made me feel pretty good.
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!! I will honestly help anyone out that I can. If I don't know it I will not fake it, but find out from someone how to do it. Have a great day!!! Remember also that you control the type of day you have.
Dave

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got my frame painted a couple of weeks ago. Started assembly yesterday. Put in all the new goodies, disc brakes, lines, springs, rear springs, and set the rear in place. Still need to bolt the rear down.
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is the paint a gloss or semi-gloss? It looks good to me.

Thanks to 1957Chevy for mentioning iPhoto for working with pics. Until now I had no idea the Export command was there. Worked fine for me. I feel stupid for not knowing that one. Mac has been my computer of choice since it was a 9" b&w screen.

FYI: I am reading an article that describes installing a G4 desktop system into a car. This wouild be kewl!

DonC.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.