Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm almost 60 and all my Kids and Grandkids grew up listening to and playing the music of Pink Floyd in my home. Ya see I have a music room in my home with a full drum kit an about a dozen guitars etc. So everyone got involved in music. It was funny when I sent my kids to college and they were the only ones into Floyd. They took a lot of ribbing about it at school 'cuase they were not of that generation. Anyway my Son (now 39 and in law enforcement) got a free ticket to the Roger Waters concert "The Wall" last night at Madison Square Garden. He has been e-mailing me bits from the concerts from his Blackberry saying things like "Wish you were here" and are you "comfortably numb"? If your a fan and they're coming your way DON'T MISS THIS SHOW! You've been warned.

Don

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
I'm almost 60 and all my Kids and Grandkids grew up listening to and playing the music of Pink Floyd in my home. Ya see I have a music room in my home with a full drum kit an about a dozen guitars etc. So everyone got involved in music. It was funny when I sent my kids to college and they were the only ones into Floyd. They took a lot of ribbing about it at school 'cuase they were not of that generation. Anyway my Son (now 39 and in law enforcement) got a free ticket to the Roger Waters concert "The Wall" last night at Madison Square Garden. He has been e-mailing me bits from the concerts from his Blackberry saying things like "Wish you were here" and are you "comfortably numb"? If your a fan and they're coming your way DON'T MISS THIS SHOW! You've been warned.

Don
Don! TIME........................... my favorite.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
That would be a great show:D. I like most Pink Floyd albums but my favorites are the newer ones, Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell. My step son in law is really into them, he is 28 and in the Marines.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I looked into getting tickets when the show comes to Boston but the cheepest seats were going for over 200 bucks. I have seen lots of concerts but I just cant pay that much for 1 ticket let alone 2 for me and the wife.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Us and Them

See them twice in concert. :happy0030: Highly recommend going. :tu :tu Best concert I've ever seen.

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
spent two years listening to dark side of the moon album and i still love it[thats all i listened to]

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
"By the way, which one's Pink?"
-The show has been playing in San Jose- I was all set to go till I discovered the ticket prices... and my daughter moved off to school. -Concerts aren't as much fun on your own. -But big fan! Saw them three times and Waters once. My favorite was seeing them in Oakland during the Animals album tour.

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Bid Daddy, better than a Hallmark greeting card. I had to run get my "favorite Axe" to watch! It was once said "Clapton is god", I think they meant David Gilmore!

Don

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I'm 45 and a huge Pink Floyd fan.
Sure wish David Gilmore was playing with them...I never got to see that lineup.

But, Dave Kilminster will be playing most of Gilmore's solos and that dude nails the Gilmore vibe! I saw him playing with Keith Emerson a few years ago and he was a monster guitarist.

Also in the band is GE Smith on guitar (He was the guy that led the Saturday Night Live band for many years and made really funny faces when he played)
Great player but funny to watch...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Don, i'm the same age as your son, so i understand about the ribbing you can get for listening to so called old music. Did you ever see Led Zeppelin ? Brad.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Geoff

I remember GE Smith from the Saturday Night Live Band. Another great axe man. T-Bone wolk was his Bass player if I recall correctly. He Moved on to play Bass for Hall & Oats.

Brad

Never got to see Led Zep. Supertramp, Doobies, 10cc, ELO, got back stage with the Stray Cats, among others. We have a local band here that plays all the local clubs and biker parties here called "Snappahead". These guys are one of the best party/cover bands I have ever seen. I'm sure they have a web site. If you get the chance Google them and see if they have a video or try youtube. A great Led Zep cover band.

Guys...great music and hotrods, does it get any better than this! I don't know anyone that doesn't have tunes in their garage while turning wrenches or anyone who doesn't play the radio in their tri-five while they're rolling down the highway!

Don

1 - 15 of 15 Posts