Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Feb 2019 and the first time she seen sunlight since 1985
I like the post and jack propping open your garage door.
My '57 was stored from 1978 til 2017 -- 39 years.
I had the guy helping the seller mount tires that held air and transport it to our house.
The steering box was rusted solid, and the master cylinder piston was frozen/stuck in the bore as well.
And you have backup lights!
Purple Wood Gas Metal Water
Blue Office supplies Tool Cylinder Font
Fluid Paint Gas Personal protective equipment Art

·
Registered
248 Posts
I like the post and jack propping open your garage door.
The garage was suffering a significant lean to the right that is hard to see from the camera angle, so the door would not open high enough for the car to clear due to the bind. That was the 1st & last time that big door was opened since 1985 as it collapsed when I tried closing it, just glad the car was already out at that point.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Some great looking rides in this thread and a lot of potential in the ones currently in the restore process. It all takes time, money and more than a little beer, LOL. Throwing my 57 210 in the mix. Still a few things to do but fully street able and looking forward to car shows this year.
Time I have (hopefully), never know. Money? Little bit each month. Beer? In July I will be 2 years sober after a lifetime of drinking but this project sure tests me sometimes! Not really, got too much road behind me to ever pick up a drink again! I have everything I need to finish this car either in the garage or spare bedroom except front bumper and A/C . Just don’t have the energy I used to have to get it finished.

·
Registered
1956 bel air 4 door
118 Posts
a lot of the car is original unmolested.
neighbor's grandma bought it new in 56. been in the family every since.
became mine in December after sitting in his garage for the last 25 years.
the white is original, the red was repainted years ago with a little flake in the mix. i like the flake.
came with and still has cold factory air.
has a lot of sorting to be done after sitting so long, but i get to drive it most weekends in Temecula California.

Attachments

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand.
8,137 Posts
Some great looking rides on show in this thread. Just thought I would join the other Tri-five Ponchos on display.
Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Hood

·
Premium Member
57 210 post dressed as a Bel Air
484 Posts
Here it sits in my old hometown of Flora Il. I felt sure it was the car I wanted. This is the first step in taking it back to it's original Harbor Blue. The interior will be the first part of that and this is its baby step toward that goal.

Sorry about all the pictures of other members cars that show up. I don't know how to delete them. Only the last 2 are mine.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 113 Posts