Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few nights ago I got around to watching one of the past Mecum auctions I had recorded on my DVR. I believe it was the Kansas City (?) show from April or May 2010, but I can't recall for sure.

Anyway, there was a striking '56 150 that sold for about 50K. I know that sounds like a lot, but in my opinion it was worth every penny. The car was beautiful, and I've got to say that it's really got me wanting to take a look at some more examples of 150s from '56. So I figured what better place to ask. If you've got one or have a picture of one, please post it.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a neat little 4 door that keeps popping up on Craigslist in Dayton, OH:

http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/1904447953.html

I'd love to have it as my daily driver. :)

HRJ
Nice find HRJ. That would be great candidate for a daily.

Myself, I've already got a 56 4dr. It's a sport sedan. If I pursued a 150, it would be a 2dr which I neglected to mention. Anyway, I think the 150's are only going to get more popular. Your 57 is a well documented bad a**.

Tim

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Thanks!

I think the 4 dr sedan would be a great everyday car. 150's of all configurations seem to be increasing in popularity...so go for it! ;)

HRJ

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
SORRY NO PICTURE

My first trifive was a pale yellow 56 150 2dr post 265 with 3 on the tree... It was my High School car back in "63" and it set me back $600.00:D Later, Dave

·
Registered
933 Posts
My ex Air Force car. Patiently awaiting an engine/tranny transplant. Plans were for gray primer (flat gray to look like primer), repaint the inside baby blue, redo the interior in blue and white tuck n' roll (it looks good in the pics but the door panels are warped, the seats are faded and the paint is a 20 footer) and a blue metalflake steering wheel.

But lately i've been tripping back to a mid 60's build. Like i would have built back in high school in '65 if i could have afforded it. Still gonna be gray primer (i love primer. My first car in high school was a black primed '53 Chevy) but paint the inside competition orange with black tuck n' roll, a tack on the steering column and some gauges under the dash. The current steering wheel will stay. Unless i find a good deal on a 15" orange 'flake wheel. I think it all started when i decided to convert it to a V-8. I had planned to do a 5 speed but the ole knees are getting tired so i'm taking the easy way out and going to a turbo 350.

When i first bought it i had planned to change the side trim to a 210. But the more i looked at the car the better i liked the 150 trim so it'll stay as a 150.

The Supreme's will stay but i might reverse the tires and run 'em black walls.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts