Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my PG with a 5 spd manual, but retained my stock steering column. Now I have an ugly boss and hole where the shifter handle was. I once saw special billet caps or plugs to cover the hole and boss - but can't find it now that I need it. Anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,882 Posts

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
I haven't seen a smoothie collar for a 57.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,882 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I column shifted my car for 18 yrs. It now has a 4sp. I just couldn't do away with the "nub". Did as David said and bought the rubber cap to remind me of all those times the linkage bound up. I had to get out and reach down next to the steering column and pull on the levers to unlock them. Those were the days!
Dennis Bubp

·
Premium Member
12,220 Posts
Drove my car out of the garage today for the first time in like 13/14 years after a couple of years making significant rust and other repairs to save the car from becoming a garage ornament. Converted this particular car to a 4 speed while I was in the process. I drove the column shift on this car for many many years. First thing I did was make for the now missing column stick this morning, lol. I am unaware of a smooth collar for a 57 and I have never seen a plug so I did the traditional thing and used the little black boot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts