Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Denver, Colo
531 Posts
Here they call it conversations instead of PM.
One way to start a conversation is to click on the person's avatar and then when that screen comes up click on 'start a conversation'.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,792 Posts
Where do I find the members section so I can send a PM?
Dangerous Joe
Joe...Long time no see....Do you know the member's exact screen name?

See this link: Member Search Function

On the Notable Members page, click on Members and you will see a box pop up on the left...Scroll down to where it says Find Member...Type in the exact screen name. then hit Enter.

Let me know, if I can help you find the member.

·
Administrator
64,540 Posts
When you receive a reply go to your account details top right hand side of tool bar under conversations

·
Administrator
954 Posts
Unfortunately unless you know the members exact screen name this "new & improved" site has no members list like the old site had.
The members page has improved a bit recently and we are making it easier to search. We will continue to improve this and welcome feedback toward future features.

For now, you can visit the Members page here. There is also a link from the menu in the top right corner.

Daniel

·
50,792 Posts
I don't remember that link being there before....It must have been added, after I posted this: Member Search Function

GREAT! So, now you click on the navigation dots in the upper right, then on Members

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
To start a conversation you only need to click on your own avatar image at the top right of the page you're on. A drop down menu will appear and 4th one down is "conversations". Click on that and you'll be able to send someone a message.

·
50,792 Posts
To start a conversation you only need to click on your own avatar image at the top right of the page you're on. A drop down menu will appear and 4th one down is "conversations". Click on that and you'll be able to send someone a message.
Sorry Val....Somehow I got this thread sidetracked from "how to send a PM" to "how to find a member"

·
Administrator
48,910 Posts
Sorry Val....Somehow I got this thread sidetracked from "how to send a PM" to "how to find a member"
But best i remember, on the old format you could click on the members username and then click on "send pm". A whole lot easier than this new BS format.
Terry

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
But best i remember, on the old format you could click on the members username and then click on "send pm". A whole lot easier than this new BS format.
Terry
You still can. But instead of clicking on the member's name, just hover over the name and his info will appear. Then you'll see "message" and click on it to send the member a message.
Or click on their name and their profile will open, then click "start conversation".

·
50,792 Posts
That works if the member replies to a thread that you are looking at or you remember the user's name

However, if that is not the case, the member search function is futile at times.

·
50,792 Posts
You mean USELESS!
Well Bruce...the good thing about you is that you don't sugar coat anything.

If anyone has a problem locating another member, please let me know, I'll try to help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts