Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'all,

I was ultimately thwarted in making a car/music/drive-in show back on October 10th when at 12:05 a.m. on that day, I could only get the car to idle or make it a couple of blocks. The next morning, I discovered I only had 2 psi of fuel pressure and a LOT of air bubbles coming out. The new rear-mounted Holley electric pump wasn't leaking, so I suspected I had a crack or some other malady with the pickup, so I went about ordering a replacement. Danchuk was out of stock, with no estimated time when they'd be in, but Eckler's had the 3/8" version I was looking for, so I ordered it. I got it this week and was very disappointed with the part:

(and some car-guy discussion on Facebook)

Just look at those crude crimps! Ugh!

Has anyone purchased one of these from Danchuk? Is the quality better than this one from Eckler's? Are they the same part?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this!

Regards,
Shawn

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,789 Posts
Shawn....I moved your thread to the Danchuck section to get Brian's comments.....I don't know if they use the same supplier or not.....However, IMHO they are better at addressing issues than CCI.

Also, you did not say if you found anything wrong with your pick-up...Inquiring minds would like to know.:)

See this prior thread on fuel senders: http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49797

1 - 3 of 3 Posts