Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :)
I recently purchased a 1957 Chevy Bel air, and I'm in the process of restoring it. It's got a 283 under the hood, and it runs, but there's not reverse and it smokes like a *******. After putting upwards of $500 dollars and 50-60 hours of labor into reviving it, I've given up (for now). I've been offered a 1995 Chevy van which has a functioning transmission and a 350 throttle body under the hood. I was just wondering (assuming anyone else has done this) what kind of wiring is involved in the port? Detailed descriptions are welcomed.
Thank you, and sorry for the wall of text.

:gba:

·
Registered
37,250 Posts
You need an adequate fuel pump. This ideally would be one in the fuel tank.

Other than that, you need to supply electrical power to everything in the TBI engine's wiring harness, basically the computer, injectors, and fuel pump. You will also need to do something about the anti-theft system wired into the donor's wire harness and computer.

·
Administrator
49,483 Posts
I have a TBI 350 out of a 1991 pickup in my 57. The harness was made by a guy here in Texas for it. He eliminated any non-essential stuff and all i had to do was hook it up to a power source. As far as the fuel pump i am running a Holley external electric pump mounted in front of the tank. Very dependable.
Terry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts