Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys.:wavey:
Im slinging a new axle under my 55 belair.
Im kinda unsure what to do with the stock axle. It roll & stuff, never driven with it. but from what i can see its in good condition. Also from what i can see its a posi' unit.

Im sure these cant handle the power levels im goin for 427ci BBC. Are these worth anything?
Do i sell it? Keep it? hit someone over the head with it and take their money to finish the rest of my project?

Thanks!!

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
If you can swing an entire posi rear over your head to smack someone, you don't NEED a weapon. -I think selling it sounds like a good option. Any original part has value to folks restoring an original Chevy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I have been workin out lately...But anyhow.

Yea I suppose i could sell it, Ive got no **** idea what an asking price is for these or whatnot.
I guess ill pull it and place it on *Gag* craigslist. I sell and buy some stuff on the H.A.M.B (yea one of those guys):D
But this would obviously have to be local.

Maybe some can chime in on market value?

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
:D I'm from Sweden and sold my original rear end when I mounted my new 9''.
I got SEK4000:- for it, (thats about $600) It had NO POSI and one axle bearing was worn out.
Sell it to Sweden ! :happy0030:

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
WHATS THE RATIO ON THAT REAREND, IF IT'S A 3:55-1 AND A POSI, I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN IT. (1st claim) LOL. DAVE

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks for your interest.

Ill be pulling it out shortly, so ill double check the ratios, take some pictures and such for you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts