Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have a really silly question. What exactly is a post car. I am looking around for my first 55 or 57 and i see some that are post and some that dont say post. What is the difference????

:confused0006::confused0006:

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Post is often used to describe a sedan that has a B pillar all the way to the roof. A hard top is another name for a sport coupe, that doesn't have a divider between the side windows.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Hey everyone I have a really silly question. What exactly is a post car. I am looking around for my first 55 or 57 and i see some that are post and some that dont say post. What is the difference????

:confused0006::confused0006:
Look at my 56 it is a post car... Look at our logo... The 55 is a post car and the 57 is a non post car... Post means the B pillar or no pillar... Later, Dave

·
Registered
166 Posts
Someone has said on here before and I liked the answer.

Wind down front and back windows, swing your arm through the gap. If your arm hurts part way through, it's a post car.

7,080 Posts
Not a silly question, just lack of information. A post (is just another way of saying a sedan) We ALL started there. Welcome and don't be shy to ask. Welcome to TRIFIVE. Regards Lloyd

·
Registered
437 Posts

Wind down front and back windows, swing your arm through the gap. If your arm hurts part way through, it's a post car.
LOL,Thats too funny!
I asked that same question when I joined this site. Im also been looking around for 55's hopefully I can find a ncie once next summer :)
But I now know what a post is and a HT "HardTop" but just wondering is there any changes in the structure of the actual car or does it just come down to the looks of it?
Any advantages to owning a post or non post other then obviously swinging your arm out the side of the car and not hurting your self :wink:

·
Administrator
9,086 Posts
The hard tops ( non post ) have a reinforced frame.

As for value, the non post guys will say theirs are the most valued, and the post guys will say theirs are the best, so it boils down to get the one you like.

Otis:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

That is pretty funny. Who ever came up with that one, good job.

Thanks alot guys. All your info is very helpful and the response time is amazing. :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,275 Posts

Actually that how my Dad explained it to me. That same day he also told me why there were only couple 2 dr 55-57 sedans and no hardtops or convertables in the junkyard. However there must of been 25-30 tri- five 4dr. dedans in a 200 car yard.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I'd always been told that "sedans were 4dr family cars" and a 2dr post(sedan really) or hardtop and especially a convertible were the hot, most desirable cars for a guy to drive....and wagons were least desirable...this was in the '60's when every kid wanted a tri-five...I bought a '57 sedan delivery 'cuz they were dirt cheap and undesirable...and no one else had one fixed up so it was unique:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
LOL,Thats too funny!
I asked that same question when I joined this site. Im also been looking around for 55's hopefully I can find a ncie once next summer :)
But I now know what a post is and a HT "HardTop" but just wondering is there any changes in the structure of the actual car or does it just come down to the looks of it?
Any advantages to owning a post or non post other then obviously swinging your arm out the side of the car and not hurting your self :wink:
Hard Tops are faster, especially black and white ones.:bootyshake:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Over the years i have owned a few 20 maybe. Seems to me that the post cars have less rattle. Thats my opinion but the hardtops look more sporty. Depends on what you like. I like all of them.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
In "race trim" the posts just look more wicked than the HT's...just my opinion. zicoh I agree the posts do not seem to "rattle" as much as the HT's...I noticed this riding with a friend in his '55 a much nicer build than my '55 post BTW...just seemed noiser.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
LOL,Thats too funny!
Hardtops are more prone to water leaks and wind whistle. I would assume a post car would do better in a rollover.

Hardtops are sportier. The back windows roll all the way down on a hardtop.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts