Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This, my friends, is unacceptable. See below link. Disgusting. This has been going on for decades. This is not a left or right issue. This is an American issue. This is not reflected of the current administration but of many administrations. Sorry to bring this up on chat but it just got my blood boiling after I just posted on Independence day the Missing Man Table. We deserve better for our war deceased. I probably will be given a memo for posting this but I felt it was my duty to report this and if this is deleted, I will understand.
:gba:
Please click on this link below.

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-impact-mia-acutely-dysfunctional-111908628.html

WWII Memorial

Korean War Memorial

Vietnam War Memorial

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Max, you may have posted some things that were questionable in the past, according to some peoples standards, IMO this isn't one of them. Maybe not the right forum, but I thank you for posting this article. I probably would never have seen it otherwise. I have a high school classmate that went to VietNam right after we graduated in 1965. He never came home, still, after nearly 50 years, is MIA. I will wonder (as well as his family) to my dying day whatever happened to this 18 year old friend. I was lucky, went and came home, but if one is left, that is too tragic.

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
I for one respect and appreciate the information about POW's,servicemen, the constitution, and other things you have shared with us lately.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
I agree Max, this is a sad, no a terrible state of affairs and needs to be aired, but this may not be the right site. It may get removed.
Thanks......:flag6:
bowtie-trifive
Can you send this and other posts to my email so I can pass it on....:tu

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I'm glad you posted it, I knew nothing about the issue.
I enlisted in 1965, and was sure I'd go to Viet Nam........they sent me to Germany. Didn't realize at the time how lucky I was.

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
I probably will be given a memo for posting this but I felt it was my duty to report this and if this is deleted, I will understand.
Although this is a car forum, this post can stay up as long as the replies stay respectful. I am not saying if I agree or disagree with the article, as always two sides to every article spoken or printed. I don't think we will ever know the true facts.

My unit from vietnam we still have 4 MIA's

Otis:gba:

Walter Stephen Simpson
Trenton NJ
K Troop, 3rd Squadron, 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
Date of Loss 21 May 1967

Pierce, Walter Melvin
Philadelphia, PA
Date MIA 6/10/70
G Troop

1LT Forame, Peter Charles
AC ACT/11 ACR
OH-6A 67-16347
Date MIA 19 Dec 1971

W01 Skiles, Thomas William
P ACT/11 ACR
OH-6A 67-16347
Date MIA 19 Dec 1971

·
Registered
67,732 Posts
:flag6::gba::flag6:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Otis, I honestly cannot think that any forum members would be disrespectful of this article. I agree that this is a car forum but many of us here know of servicemen from the various wars who never came back and have never been accounted for. I think the sad thing is all of the waste and greed by the people involved in the so called fact finding missions. Thank you for allowing the post to stay. To the members viewing and replying to this please do not allow it to become political with your replys, more people need to be made aware of this.
Tom

Although this is a car forum, this post can stay up as long as the replies stay respectful. I am not saying if I agree or disagree with the article, as always two sides to every article spoken or printed. I don't think we will ever know the true facts.

My unit from vietnam we still have 4 MIA's

Otis:gba:

Walter Stephen Simpson
Trenton NJ
K Troop, 3rd Squadron, 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
Date of Loss 21 May 1967

Pierce, Walter Melvin
Philadelphia, PA
Date MIA 6/10/70
G Troop

1LT Forame, Peter Charles
AC ACT/11 ACR