Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone did this before and have any plans they wouldn't mind sending me. I have located a cowl actuator that I think I can mount and have the gauge pod under the speaker cover and make it come on when the key is on. :p3:

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I haven't done it on a tri-five but I did have a power actuated cowl vent on my '34 roadster operated by a spring loaded toggle switch. The concept is certainly doable but I would think you need to put some thought into it - gauges (and wiring) need to be accessible - this could be a challenge if you put A/C in the car. The gauge enclosure needs to closed on top and sides so nothing is visible open or closed - you could consider using some strip gauges similar to Dakota Digital to minimize the opening size. Sorry I don't have any plans but it is a good idea - I know there are some aftermarket gauge packages (3 gauges) that replace the speaker screen so maybe you could modify one of those (turn it upside down?). Good luck. AWC

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is a Killer-Cool mod! Let us know that goes. Take some photos if you don't mind.

I will try to cut a template and take some measurements. I have VintageAir installed, I think Classic57 has a good suggestion about the amount of room under that area of the dash.

Interesting...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts