Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a 670 box some years ago. I have those headers our vendors say are made for tri 5 chevies. They are stainless steel. We installed everything and the idle arm when you turn extreme left hits the header. I have tried to use a 6 cly idle arm and it does not clear. I have our factory set up with dropped link under the pan. I thought about shaving some off the edge of the idle arm is this a good idea?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I installed a 670 box some years ago. I have those headers our vendors say are made for tri 5 chevies. They are stainless steel. We installed everything and the idle arm when you turn extreme left hits the header. I have tried to use a 6 cly idle arm and it does not clear. I have our factory set up with dropped link under the pan. I thought about shaving some off the edge of the idle arm is this a good idea?
Are you sure it's the idler arm? The idler is on the passenger side of the linkage. Ususally it's the pitman arm that can cause interference on some headers.

BTW, there is no difference between a V8 and a 6 cylinder idler or pitman. There IS a difference between the manual steering and power steering idler and pitman.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts