Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
25,952 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Looks like a TC series II pump. Most of the serpentine kits use them. If you need a replacement, you just have to figure out what plumbing you have. Most have an AN pressure fitting, some have a slip and clamp suction line, others have an AN suction. There are also differences in output pressures. There are some lower pressure pumps used in R&P applications.

The one in your photo has a mounted billet reservoir so it has a 10AN suction inlet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
while standing still and turning wheel the pumps makes a squealing sound .I checked the level which seemed high according to the min max level on stick. I removed some fuild drove it and made it worst .Ichecked condition of fluid which looked foamy .I think the next step is to drian and replace with new fluid since the fluid is 10 yrs old and only has 1500 on drive train . Any suggestion what brand fluid to use.since i dont have a lift i need to have a shop change it .any idea of what the cost may be ?

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
25,952 Posts
while standing still and turning wheel the pumps makes a squealing sound .I checked the level which seemed high according to the min max level on stick. I removed some fuild drove it and made it worst .Ichecked condition of fluid which looked foamy .I think the next step is to drian and replace with new fluid since the fluid is 10 yrs old and only has 1500 on drive train . Any suggestion what brand fluid to use.since i dont have a lift i need to have a shop change it .any idea of what the cost may be ?
You may be getting air in the fluid. Air in the fluid would raise the level. You could have a leak between the tank and pump on the supply fitting.
I have that kind of pump with a remote reservoir, and it had a leak on the AN supply hose fitting. It sucked air in but didn't leak any fluid out. It was making noise and foaming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts