Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new CPP 500 box on and after todays test ride, I see a pool of PS fluid under the car and this little green plug popped out of the back of the pump. What happened? What is this little green plug and why did it pop out?

Thanks

Attachments

· Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Not meant to be permanent...

I just put a new CPP 500 box on and after todays test ride, I see a pool of PS fluid under the car and this little green plug popped out of the back of the pump. What happened? What is this little green plug and why did it pop out?

Thanks
Hey Dev, if I'm not mistaken, that plastic green plug was not meant to be the permanent plug, you need to check the thread and replace that with a brass or steel plug... do that and problem will go away...:tu

· Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honestly never seen one are there threads inside??? maybe for a vent? if threaded I'd put a gauge in it if no presure put a plug in it plug in it
I can't really see if there are threads, but I found this pic and it looks like it is threaded. I'm guessing it came with the plug in there.

Attachments

· Registered
3,283 Posts
The pump has a recess for an O-ring to fit between it and the reservior then a bolt goes in to hold the pump to the res and complete the seal...

You can see in your pic in post #4 a bolt with a stud to attach it to a bracket, if there is no bracket on the rear you use a plain bolt but they have a larger than normal head to seal better...

· Registered
38,708 Posts
You normally only need two connections - high pressure out and return.

The only thing I can think of is that you have a reservoir for a vehicle that had another return line for a hydroboost unit. And whether that's it or not, a fitting that high almost has to be a return line.

If the fitting in the tank is threaded, it's probably inverted flare. You can get inverted flare plugs at your local auto supply.

· Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
15,168 Posts
D.S. is correct it is a hole for a bracket mount bolt just put the oring on the bolt and tighten as usual . :eek:

· Registered
3,283 Posts
It's a square O ring between the reservoir and pump, if it was purchased as a unit it's probably in there and just needs a bolt to seal it up...

· Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Y'all are right, the plugs should come out. I was fighting a leak on the pump side pressure line, so I went ahead and changed out the pump. The instructions on the new pump say to replace the plugs or void the warranty. Thanks for all your input.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.