Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

power to temperature and oil lights

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  fiddlerpin 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 1957 Chevy with a 350 engine and do not know how to get power to the temperature and oil lights and also the fuel sending unit. Any suggestions? Thank you.
I have a new haywire harness.

#2 ·
Does the car have the original wiring harness. There are tan wires that bring power to the temp. and oil lights. The oil senser on the engine should have a dark blue wire which completes the circuit to ground. Download the 57 wiring schematic here in the electrical section and you can see how they are wired. Jim

#4 ·
I have a 1957 Chevy with a 350 engine and do not know how to get power to the temperature and oil lights and also the fuel sending unit. Any suggestions? Thank you.
DO NOT put power on the brown wire to the fuel sending unit under any circumstances. The brown wire on the fuel sender connects to the sender side of the fuel gauge ONLY, to limit the current to the sender. As posted, the gauge power is connected to the "ign" terminal of the ignition switch. ..... http://www.tocmp.com/tOCMP/wiring/5765wiring%20diagrams/Chevrolet/MWireChev57_3WD-057.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.