Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1957 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Asking for a friend... For any of you that have put power windows in your tri-5, does anyone know if any of the vendors make a power window harness that would go from the door switches to the fuse box? Or did you just build your own harness? The car has the AAW Updated full harness/fusebox system in it.

Thanks
Doug

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have the same harness in my 56 , I used Auto City power windows and there harness was a simple hook to the AAW accessory connector . They might sell the harness by itself . Their power window wiring harness also has the wiring for a power seat. Don

7,082 Posts
Hi Guys
Asking for a friend... For any of you that have put power windows in your tri-5, does anyone know if any of the vendors make a power window harness that would go from the door switches to the fuse box? Or did you just build your own harness? The car has the AAW Updated full harness/fusebox system in it.

Thanks
Doug
I did not do the PW install on mine, but used the AAW and Shawn had no problem using it and they work fine electrically. :bowtier:

·
Premium Member
1957 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same harness in my 56 , I used Auto City power windows and there harness was a simple hook to the AAW accessory connector . They might sell the harness by itself . Their power window wiring harness also has the wiring for a power seat. Don

Just to clarify are you talking about AutoCity Classics in Minnesota?

Doug

7,082 Posts
As DavidC stated. I used the Specialty Power Windows with 55 AAW harness that hooked up fine. Did use Auto Classic glass and frames and gas tank with no problems. :bowtier:

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Hi Guys

Thanks
Doug
Purchased my harness from Electro-Life Inc., 5990 Northwest Highway, Chicago,Ill 60631. Was $76 plus shipping. Worth checking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts