Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just finished rewiring my power windows with relays so that the electric motors are supplied with current from the battery and the original switches only act to trigger the relays. Was quite an effort to wire all four windows but the difference in speed going up and down was amazing. Previously, my windows were really slow going up and down. Now they work as good as the power windows on any modern car. Highly recommend this modification to anyone who suffers from slow power windows. As an added bonus your window switches will last longer without so much current going through them.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,341 Posts
A wiring diagram for other members to follow would be nice, if you can Bill. :)

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,341 Posts
Good job teahead. :tu

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Good to hear that all have gone well for you.
Would you have the upgrade wiring diagram?
This is essentially the diagram I used but extended to cover all 4 windows. Requires 8 relays, one up and one down for each window. Instead of a 30A inline fuse from the battery, I used a 30A circuit breaker. That way if the circuit is overloaded the circuit breaker will trip and then reset when it cools down. No blown fuse to replace. I don’t think that will ever be a problem with only one window being used at a time. Might be a problem if you tried to wind all 4 up or down at the same time.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts