Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am giving thought to installing power windows on my 57 2dr.h/t when it gets time to start installing the interior.
My question is this has anyone out there done them and how hard is it? Right now the interior is gutted and all the glass has been removed and I am waiting to get the car back from being painted. Tony' Last Toy :gba: :flag6: :shakehands:

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
I did power windows on my '56. Bought a kit from Electric Life. Direct bolt in. No cutting or modification. They work great. Are very fast. Stay away from one size fits all.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Tony you will need to decide how to get the wires into the door.
Also what will you do with the holes in door panel where the window crank was.
I also used Electriclife with one switch in console.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Tony, there's plenty of wire conduit products out there from reporduction original design, to slick machined hinges with integral wire passages, to wireless contacts. As for holes in your door panels from the old cranks, the new switches fill those nicely. Definitely stay away from universal kits. If original appearance is a goal, there are reproduction switches are available too.

·
Administrator
66,170 Posts
Theres a member Fuzz1957 that has modified the door hinges to allow wires to pass throught them without crushing them.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I have some Nu Relics in the box, that I am going to put in. had Fuzzy do my hinges. Put a universal kit in my 40 Ford convertible, so these will be a piece of cake.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Tony,

I can get your hinges done for you to hide the wiring going into your doors. See this thread:

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90854&highlight=hinges

It's best to have them done before painting. That way painter can jamb out your car with the hinges in place. Also a good time to put in new hinges pins and bushings. If you want a pair done, send the pin kit along and I put them in after channeling out the hinges.

Give me a PM if interested.

:gba:

Fuzz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts