Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All
Can somebody please post a pic or email it to me of a powerglide kickdown bracket on the tranny. I have a lokar cable but the pic in that is a bit average and I am not 100 percent on whats ment to be where. I think the kickdown bracket on the box is not there.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
540 Posts
Here's a pic from a glide I had burried in the shed. Kickdown would mate to the forward lever. Hope this helps you out. :anim_25:

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys
I am trying to hook up a lokar kickdown cable to my power glide exept mine kick down and shifter look different.
My shifter ataches to the end of a longer lever and the bit i think the kick down should atach to is straight of the front of it not at all like the pics shown here.
Do I just drill a hole in the forementioned bit or am I causing issues ?
Cheers

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Just checking if your glide has been changed to a full manual it might have the kick down lever removed if it is a full manual
Also they do share the same input but the kick down one goes thru the shaft of the gear shift lever.
The kick down lever should move pretty easily except it gets a bit harder when it actually gets to the point where it would be kicking the trans down a gear then it will have some resistence.
If you don`t have that kickdown connected the trans would more than likely be slipping if the trans is still a full automatic.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I dont think its a full manual as its still on the colum. I belive that this is the older style shifter linkage of the cast iron box.
I have located a linkage like shown on the thread in this post but how do I mate it to the original set up ??
Cheers

This just in !! I have been told by a expert that the linkage is not factory it is home made. So my next question is how do I adapt the linkage shown in this thread to my factory shifter set up.
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts