Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all, i have replaced the 2 speed P/G with a 350 turbo trans, i have to change the flexplate to bolt up to the torque converter, now since the flexplate is bigger, what starter would i need to get to fit, flexplate hits the starter cant bolt up to crank. Going on a 1967 327.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Good afternoon all, i have replaced the 2 speed P/G with a 350 turbo trans, i have to change the flexplate to bolt up to the torque converter, now since the flexplate is bigger, what starter would i need to get to fit, flexplate hits the starter cant bolt up to crank. Going on a 1967 327.
Morning from Downunder.
Couple questions to help narrow down field.
1) Not sure on the 1967, 327 block. Does it have provisions for the vertical mount on the rear of the block.
1) Which style starter do you currently have? Vertical mount (later style) or Horizontal style mount (Glide style mount)
2) 154 or 168 tooth ring gear? Will need starter to suit, they have a different pinion size, tooth count and later model starters are the same as early as far as what flywheel they work with. Diagonal pattern for 168 tooth, straight across for 153 tooth..
3) Have you fitted an adapter plate to the trans to run the orig starter on the power glide? This is not required if you have the vertical bolt to block type starter.
4) Are the provisions there to run the the bolt to block clean
5) Do you have the correct flex plate for the turbo 350, does it bolt to the torque converter and fit inside the bellhousing ?
6) is flexplate bolted on correct way around?
Just putting thoughts out there
Maybe have a read of this thread to get some other info for places and costs to procure
http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107171&highlight=starter+mounting
Regs David.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
When you get her all connected, you are gonna love the switch.....:congrats:
Cowboy :flag6:

:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 3 of 3 Posts