Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Powder Coating Tech
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called a good friend and former neighbor today and he told me that he has Lung Cancer and is not doing well, worst part is he didn't smoke or party it up.

Now a little history on this guy, he use to live up the street from me and always had hot rod cars. I use to ride my bicycle ( I was 12) by his house almost everyday and he would be working on his Corvette or his GTO Judge or something. One day I stopped and started talking to him, well that grew into a friendship and he started letting me help him do things on his cars.

Now I have always loved cars but once I started hanging around and he started teaching me how to work on them my passion for cars grew from there. When I turned 15 I told him that I wanted a 1957 Chevy so he helped me look for a car, well I ended up buying a 1955 chevy and a motor and helped me bring it home. He helped me completely put that thing together and get it running, those of you who went to school with me remember the car.

Needless to say he was like a second father too me, I am praying that these three rounds of Chemo dry up his tumor because the doctors have told him that it is inoperable, and he says that he is in bad shape and is in a wheel chair and can't walk.

Please send him some prayers he really needs it !!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
So sorry to hear about your friend Bigjay. I will send out prayers for his recovery.

·
Registered
188 Posts
praying for your friend

BigJayDee, we will remember your friend in prayer, may God bless him with strength, hope and courage as he goes through the treatments to remove the cancer from his body.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Prayers enroute.

BJD, I'll be praying for your friends full recovery. JIM.

·
Registered
66,314 Posts
sorry to hear about your friend. prayers sent.

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
Dear Jesus,

I called a good friend and former neighbor today and he told me that he has Lung Cancer and is not doing well, worst part is he didn't smoke or party it up.

Now a little history on this guy, he use to live up the street from me and always had hot rod cars. I use to ride my bicycle ( I was 12) by his house almost everyday and he would be working on his Corvette or his GTO Judge or something. One day I stopped and started talking to him, well that grew into a friendship and he started letting me help him do things on his cars.

Now I have always loved cars but once I started hanging around and he started teaching me how to work on them my passion for cars grew from there. When I turned 15 I told him that I wanted a 1957 Chevy so he helped me look for a car, well I ended up buying a 1955 chevy and a motor and helped me bring it home. He helped me completely put that thing together and get it running, those of you who went to school with me remember the car.

Needless to say he was like a second father too me, I am praying that these three rounds of Chemo dry up his tumor because the doctors have told him that it is inoperable, and he says that he is in bad shape and is in a wheel chair and can't walk.

Please send him some prayers he really needs it !!

Thanks
Divine Physician and Healer of the sick, we turn to you in this time of illness. O dearest comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our worries in your hands. We place our sick under your care and humbly ask that you restore your servant to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge your will and know that whatever you do, you do for the love of us. Amen.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Prayers

Prayers are sent up for your friend, just visit him often and assure him God is the great Healer. I just lost a friend, a detailer of great experience, and a club member, funeral tomorrow. All he wanted was someone to visit him. So go often. Best of luck to your friend. God Bless!! Charles

·
Powder Coating Tech
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Divine Physician and Healer of the sick, we turn to you in this time of illness. O dearest comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our worries in your hands. We place our sick under your care and humbly ask that you restore your servant to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge your will and know that whatever you do, you do for the love of us. Amen.
Thank You Nick I know that you are going threw a very rough time also ..... and everybody that has responded !

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Amen

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Sounds like a great guy !

Prayers for you and your friend, A good friend and a mentor everything this world lacks today, sounds like he is a class act.

·
Powder Coating Tech
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update

Well over the past several months Don had gone through extensive chemotheropy and the doctors say that the tumor has gone down and it looks like he going to make a full recovery. Good things really do happen to good people :happy0030:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I am happy to hear he is doing better. I just lost my Uncle to cancer Monday, the 10th of Jan. I will continue to pray for your friend.

·
Registered
122 Posts
BIGJAYDEE, my prayers for your friend.

Dear Lord, thank you or always being there when we have needs. Today we ask you to please surround BigJayDee's friend with your holy healing power. You know his needs and we pray that you will address these needs as only you can. May BigJayDee's friend feel the warmth of your love and experience your mercy and grace. Amen.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts