Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I sealed the bare metal with Urethane, then sprayed on 4 coats of filler primer then sanded with long block. Well , I saned one quater panel then ran out of gas BUT, I sanded through back to bare metal in several spots. Question.... Should I cover bare areas with urethane again before I give it another coat of filler primer?

Thanks in advance. I'll be in the recliner with the remote:p

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Hi A55c4
Is it possible to some photo's of the panel you sanded? The reason why I ask is cause of the chance you are either hitting Hi spots that need to be lowered or just leaning harder near crowns and body lines. Most likely you can build them up in mill thickness and you will be OK . But photo's would really tell the story. Oh yhea don't get better at the easy chair than the wet sanding .... :eek: it's contagious :D

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the imput guys. I will take a few shots today. I think what most of the issuses are is blocking around a low spot thus exposing the outter edge. Correct me if I'm wrong but I would think it would be better to do it this way and remove more un-needed material and only fill the lows. It's not real bad or a whole lot of area seems to be same spots on both side of the car :cool: There where a few ares where I did have to knock down a few high spot where I welded in a patch or two.:eek:

Oh Steve... I compermised on the EZ chair. I put wheels on it and I'm now sanding from it in the shop. Yee Haw

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope I up loaded thses pics correctly. They should show the areas that need work

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Hi Bruce
At this point you have persistant with the high spots that need to come down or you will keep priming and sanding and end up back here again. It is however very close and it is telling you you need to address the high spots . Backing up now is easier than later and a whole lot less material. You again are well on your way Bruce and doing a great job. dont let the highs sway you , bring them down and then filler prime, you results will be sattisfying. Now Im not saying 3 to 4 good double coats wont make them look as if there gone but it wont take them away. 20 minutes worth of work will save a quart of material. :D Great job bruce you are becoming a master. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts