Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! It's been a little while since I visited, hope all is well. I have recently decided to replace the rear section of my 55 and put in a narrowed rear and go for the pro street look. I believe the best way to do this is to cut the frame and replace the whole back half. This will not be a problem, but I was hoping someone who has allready done it could give me some ideas on how it is done and if there are any complete kits for this application. I have access to an independant rear and frame for a 72 corvette, but it will have to be narrowed, and it seems this might be a lot more work. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks! Glenn

·
Administrator
49,355 Posts
Glenn there are several companys that sell the back halves for them but can`t say what the names are right off hand. If you take any of the car magazines look in the advertisers, iwant to jim meyers is one, heidts is another, and a few more. Don`t have any experience with any of them or with the pro street thing.
Terry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Terry. Steve from Steves pro street has replied to an e-mail I sent him and has given me some information and he was right. Art Morrison has the perfect setup for me. I'ts gonna be pricie but nothing good is cheap I guess. I still haven't completely abandoned the corvette rear though. Thanks-glenn

·
Administrator
49,355 Posts
Glenn i`ve come to the conclusion that nothing is cheap anymore. The only thing that hasn`t gone up is my paycheck. And anything considered hobby or play toy is even higher than everything else.
Terry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts